Event & Guest Services
Event & Guest Services at the Adele H. Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland
Download PDF Brochure:EGS_Brochure_2021.pdf
Flip through Online Brochure: https://stamp.umd.edu/EGSBrochure2021
VISITING THE STAMP
Welcome to Stamp Event & Guest Services! From this site you can find information to help you plan your next visit to or special event held in the Stamp. Once you have reviewed our rooms, catering services, ticketing services and special offers, feel free to browse our eCalendar to check for room availability. Feel free to contact us to set up a tour of our facility or to speak with an Event Services Coordinator to help you plan your event.
As you make plans to visit the Stamp you may want to contact our Information Desk at 301-314-DESK (3375) for ways to make your visit more effective. Our Guest Services Assistants are prepared to provide you with detailed information about the Stamp, the campus and the surrounding area.
Effective Monday, November 16, the Event & Guest Services office will be temporarily located in room B0203 on the Basement level of Stamp. This is a temporary move while our suite is renovated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our updated office space during the spring semester.
COVID-19 Related Event Guidelines
As a result of COVID-19, there are updated guidelines for hosting events in STAMP. This information will be updated as campus and county leaders continue to manage the health and safety of the community:
Effective at 5:00pm on Friday, May 28
General Event Guidelines
- Stamp Student Union meeting and event spaces will return to full capacity. Meeting and event space capacity information will be updated in Stamp eCalendar no later than 9:00 am on Tuesday, June 1. Full capacity information is available on our website at https://stamp.umd.edu/events/event_guest_services/capacities_rates
- Physical distancing restrictions are lifted
- Normal event cancellation policy is in effect for all events
- Fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear a face mask, with the following EXCEPTIONS:
- Riding public transportaion
- Involvement in events with K-12 students
- While obtaining healthcare services
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask, covering nose and mouth:
- In all public indoor spaces
- At crowded outdoor venues
- Riding public transporation
- Involvement in activities with K-12 students
- While obtaining health care services, including regular COVID-19 testing that occurs in the Stamp Student Union
- Individuals that are fully vaccinated may choose to continue to wear a mask. Other members of the campus community should respect this personal decision.
Health & Safety Precautions
- Practicing good hand hygiene, and staying home when feeling sick are still necessary
- Members of the UMD community that are on campus, but not fully vaccinated, must contine to partipcate in regular COVID-19 testing
- Daily symtpom monitoring is still expected by member of the campus community that are coming to campus
Student Organization Event Approvals
- SORC will continue to review all student organization events (virtual, hybrid, and in-person events) for approval
- If your event will occur inside the Stamp or a Stamp managed outside space, please submit your space requests in eCalendar first, then submit your event for approval with SORC.
- For more information on the SORC event approval process
- An updated Event Approval form for events scheduled for the 2021-2022 academic year will be available in TerpLink by mid to late June. Updated information will be shared by SORC.
Hybrid and Virtual Events
- Stamp IT will continue to work with clients to stream event content to multiple locations and/or to virtual participants
Requests for use of academic classroom spaces for student organization meetings, during fall 2021, will not be accepted until early August 2021.
STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS AND UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS
If you are representing a registered student organization or a university department, and you need to request an eCalendar account, visit our Terp Link page to complete a request form.
If you are an individual student that would like to reserve an outside table space for a class project, you can submit a request at Class Project Table.
Non University Clients
If you are not a member of the university community there are opportunities for you to use our meeting rooms and event spaces some events. We also welcome members of the university community interesting in hosting a personal event. Please contact us directly at email@example.com or 301-314-8489 for more information.
FREE SPEECH AND PUBLIC SPEAKING
If you are a non-university group/organization and would like to exercise your right to free speech on the campus, you can fill out our online request form on our Terp Link page. If your request is confirmed, you should have your confirmation with you while you are on campus. Please read the form in its entirety to ensure that you are prepared to abide by university policies.
BUSINESSES AND CORPORATIONS
If you are interested in marketing your business to university students, you can do so by becoming a Stamp Supporter.
If you are interested in recruiting students for employment, please contact the University Career Center.
The TerpZone is a billiards, bowling, and recreation area located in the basement of the Adele H. Stamp Student Center for Campus Life.
To view more information about the TerpZone please visit https://stamp.umd.edu/centers/terpzone
Concerts, recitals, performances, meetings, retreats, baptisms, weddings and more all take place in the Memorial Chapel. UMD departments and student groups, as well as the general public, are welcome to reserve a space today. Check us out at Memorial Chapel Website or call 301-314-9866.
Stamp Special Events
If you’re interested in learning more about Stamp Special Events, including Homecoming, All Niter, StampFest, Maryland Day at The Stamp, Stamp Study Zone, or Sizzlin’ Summer Series, please visit: